Thursday, March 23, 2006

God be praised! It's a girl with a winkle!

Tinker finally makes an appear -ance! Turns out we have another nephew on the way. I think R was relieved to find that there was actually a little person inside her and she'd not just been eating too many pies. Well there it is and apparently he has a winkle. May it give him tremendous pleasure.

If I had had a winkle, I would have been called Desmond. I mean, can you imagine a blue-eyed Desmond growing up in the eighties and nineties? My Grandfather was a blue-eyed Desmond of course, but he was born in 1920. Thank God for small mercies.

5 comments:

pete said...

Great photo there Goldfish! I won't say he looks like his mum/dad yet! Must be the youngest wee chappie to appear on a blog!

The only Desmond I can think of other than that Wilcox fellow, was the brilliant Mr Dekker of The Aces.

pete said...

Okay Goldfish this is going to get me banned from yer blog;-)

Two nuns are cycling back to the convent, and one nun says to the other "lets cycle a different way home" and so they cycle up a cobbled road. the other nun says to the first "ive never come this way before" and the first nun says "its the cobbles isnt it?"

The Goldfish said...

So Mother Superior is talking to her convent girls and asks them what they want to do when they grow up.

The first girl says, "I want to be a nurse."

"Oh very good," says Mother Superior. She turns to a second girl, "What do you want to be?"

The second girl answers, "I want to be a hair-dresser."

"Very good," says Mother Superior. She turns to a third girl. "And what do you want to be?"

The third girl replies, "I want to be a prostitute."

At this Mother Superior collapses into a faint on the floor. When she comes round she says to the little girl, "What did you say you wanted to be when you grew up?"

"A prostitute," the girl replies.

"Thank the Lord!" cries Mother Superior, "I thought you said that you wanted to be a Protestant!"

pete said...

Wotcha Goldfish,
*faints* Blimey and there was I thinking I'd get the red card from you;-)

Anonymous said...

I remember seeing a Smith & Jones comedy show in the 1980s, they decided to try a bit of impro. So they asked the audience to nominate a thing, then a person and they would improvise a sketch on that.

First audience member: a cucumber.
Second audience member: two nuns in a convent.

Collapse of audience, comics, and impro routine.