Saturday, October 22, 2005

Sit down funny face, Oh let your laughter fill the room

People say The Wrong Thing a lot when attempting to make me - or perhaps themselves - feel better. Look on the bright side; at least you don’t have cancer. It's probably just this time of year. We all have our cross to bare. They're bound to find a cure for it soon. You’ve got your whole life in front of you.

So today I got to talk to my friend Pete. As in Whitby Pete not Mad Pete Mentalas - although this Pete is also a proud member of the great unhinged. He lives in Whitby, but I haven’t been able to see him since the end of August. We rarely talk on the phone because he doesn’t like phones and usually we can get together at least every couple of weeks and exchange e-mails in the meantime. However, today we did talk and he came up with the best response I have ever received about my health;

Pete: You’ve really been through the mill this past couple of months, haven’t you?
Goldfish: I suppose I have rather.
Pete: You poor dear. Well, I suppose you must try to look on the bright side. After all, if you were a horse, they would have had you shot.

Having mentioned the Pete down South, he sent me the greatest Van Morrison link last week which I meant to pass onto your good selves
I suppose you have to know and love Van Morrison (for to know him is to love him) to appreciate it, but if you do check this out. I recommend Ringworm in particular.

3 comments:

Lady Bracknell said...

Lady Bracknell can often be hear to opine that if she herself were a building, she would be condemned....

pete said...

Staying on Lady B's theme of architecture. A dentist(a Zahnartz, he was a German friend) remarked that my teeth resembled a bombed out graveyard!

Virgo Clowns
Van the Man

marmiteboy said...

If Goldfish were a Goldfish she would have been flushed down the loo...Ah she is a Goldfish...better stay away from the bathroom then;-)