Thursday, August 27, 2009

This post is brought to you by the numbers 3 and 13

Like much of the blogosphere in August, things are a little quiet around here. My health has been up and down, and when I've not been ill, I've been using my energy to either work on the book or get out to enjoy the sunshine. I've got lots of things I want to blog about, but forgive me if that happens slowly. Thank you all for sticking around.

Yesterday was the thirteenth anniversary of my getting sick. I don't mind it too much, I certainly don't mind the anniversary. I just hope that, being a teenager, the Dreaded Lurgy doesn't now try to hook up with other chronic illnesses. I'd be very happy if it throws a tantrum and storms off, but this seems unlikely.

It was also the anniversary of going to see Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, my finally getting my essential GCSEs (nine years) and of my sister going into labour (three years). So Alexander is three today! I have made him a fire-fighter's uniform, as he is currently obsessed with putting out imaginary fires and rescuing people at the moment. I shall maybe add a picture to this post if someone takes one.

Have not deserted you. Will be back again soon.

10 comments:

Timmargh said...

:-)

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you writing again. I noticed the same about August, and that other sites were also affected... but I forget all about it, and it takes me by surprise next time it rolls round!

Past Expiry said...

[CARTOON] Fish Food
http://pastexpiry.blogspot.com/2009/08/cartoon-fish-food.html

Gary Miller said...

Hi Goldie...

Glad to see you're still writin' n fightin'!! :)

August has been a funny month for blogs, forums and life in general. September will be a real doozy for me as well, as I'm having my hip replacement at the beginning of the month.

Looking forward to lots more 'Goldfish Wisdom'! :)

Ta ta For Now...

Gary

Diane J Standiford said...

Writing a book and blogging is VERY difficult. Never apologize for choosing the book. That type of writing takes so much out of one---many days there is little left. Your readers will stick around.

Anonymous said...

What- I'm patiently awaiting the book! best to you!

Miss Waxie aka A Comic Life, Indeed said...

Is it nice to rememebr that even our worst days share some time with some of our best? Glad you've got so many good memories to balance out the bad ones...and good luck with your writing!!

- Miss Waxie
http://acomiclifeindeed.wordpress.com

Never That Easy said...

I'm actually more upset about my sick-aversary than I expected I'd be: This October will be year 15 for me, making it official that I've been sick longer than I've been well. Am probably going to mope about it then, but I'm not worrying about it now.

Thank you for your very thoughtful comment on my post about being the girl: it was reassuring and reasonable, and I felt better just for having read it. We do all have our own strengths, and I thank you for reminding me that listening is a pretty important one too.

Hope you're feeling as well as possible, and that your work is moving along. No worries about the slow pace - it gives me a chance to catch up. :)

(Best Show)Watch said...

"Hi:

Two things

1) I’d like your permission to (re)print your article on ‘Torchwood’for our website

2) I was hoping we could use your ‘scribing’ talent for our website.

The Best Shows Youre Not Watching (dot) com [all one word]
‘Torchwood’one of our featured shows. We’re hoping to round up a few people who can occasionally contribute perspective (via an article/blog) on the shows – maybe a recent episode, future direction, plot shortcomings etc.

What’s in it for you?
Primarily a larger audience back channeled to your blog. We don’t pay but the site has a lot of promise and we're pretty excited about getting it off the ground. Let me know what you think.

Thanks

imfunnytoo said...

Write Write Write :)