Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Moan moan, whinge whinge and Happy New Year

I’m really struggling with the pain just now. It is with me all the time and when I’m asleep I have dreams about being crushed by landslides, vehicles and those ceilings that come gradually down on folks in horror movies (without the spikes – so it could be worse). You can do quite a lot to control pain if you can relax and concentrate in the same way that you can consciously control your heartbeat; you never make it go away (the pain I mean, although stopping your heart by conscious thought would be a neat trick) but you can significantly reduce its impact. And then of course, if you can engross yourself in some activity such as writing your blog, that can help. Unfortunately, it’s a fairly small percentage of the day that I am able to concentrate or engross myself in anything just now.

Plus I’m getting miserable about not being able to get out. Tonight was another event I was looking forward to that I’m not going to be able to go to. I imagine that all my friends will soon have forgotten who I am. The power on my electric wheelchair batteries will have run down to nothing over the period of time I haven’t used them. And I haven’t been able to have a bath since the weekend so I stink.

On a lighter note, it’s Chinese New Year’s Eve today (although we’d forgotten about this and so have no Chinese food in). This next year is the year of the Rooster. Especially for you, I read about what the Year of the Rooster might hold for us, but it was all very vague. I’m hoping it will be a good one for you.

No comments: