Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Intermission (Essential Auntie Blogging)

Baby Alex smiling at my GranI am really trying to press on with my editing, but here's a cute baby picture to fill the gap. This is Alexander meeting his great-grandmother, my Gran. He managed to meet all four great-grandmothers and one great-grandfather. Sadly, one of his paternal GGs has died since, but that's still pretty good going.

Yet another one of Alex and GranI hope you're not bored of this baby yetHe was having a good old natter with Gran. He clearly has a lot to say for himself, which some might claim runs in the family.

The child is just not yet two months old and he's already sleeping right through the night. Imagine!

He is also dancing in time to music and really trying very hard to smile. I'm looking forward to November when I next see him, and hope to be able to have a proper conversation with him by then.

While I'm here, a story for all of us whose poor co-ordination has lead to little accidents.

7 comments:

Sage said...

Sleeping through the night??? Congratulations for that one!

Anonymous said...

Seems a lively little fella.

A propos your link, I can't help wondering if they quoted what he really said when he realised what he'd done?

Lady Bracknell said...

Is Lady Bracknell the only one who is rather concerned that, in the first photograph at least, great grandmamma's head appears to be fitted with a brass handle?

The Goldfish said...

I wondered if anyone would notice the brass handle. It is an unfortunate affliction that my Gran manages to cover with her hair most of the time...

The Goldfish said...

Sorry Adrian, I've seen all these pictures and I now realise that I mistook Great (Great) Auntie Jen for Great Great Granny Taylor. Sorry.

Sally said...

Fabulous pictures - I wonder if each next generation is hard wired to communicate earlier than the last, there being so much to say !

Attila the Mom said...

Those are just beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing!