Friday, July 28, 2006

iTunes Quiz

I stole this from Timmargh These essential facts must be compiled!

How many songs: 1307

Sort by song title
First Song: 20th Century Boy – T-Rex
Last Song: Zombie – The Cranberries

Sort by time
Shortest Song: Her Majesty (from Abbey Road) – The Beatles, twenty-three seconds
Longest Song: Something In the Way – Nirvana, 20 minutes, 35 seconds

If that doesn’t count on account of the fact it has a long silent spell, the fifth movement of Beethoven’s 9th, eighteen minutes, ten seconds (which is better by a long way, pop-pickers). I have a lot of longish songs though; the average is four and a quarter minutes.

Sort by artist
First Artist: Abba
Last Artist: Wings

(I’m so, so, sorry - there is only one Wings song, and only one Abba... album).

Sort by album
First Album: Abbey Road – The Beatles
Last Album: Yellow Submarine – The Beatles

Top Three Most Played Songs:
1. All Along the Watchtower – Jimi Hendrix
2. Caravan – Van Morrison
3. Hard Headed Woman – Cat Stevens

Search:
“sex”, how many songs come up? 17, all of which are from Blood Sugar Sex Magik - Red Hot Chili Peppers
“death”, how many songs come up? 2 – Death or Glory (Clash) and Death of a Clown (Kinks). Timmargh had 22 - that chap worries me...
“love”, how many songs come up? 63.

5 comments:

Howard said...

Ooo! I forgot about that meme. I still need to do it since I have over 12,000 items in my iTunes. Thanks for reminding me.

Anonymous said...

No need to worry - if Death comes anywhere near me I'll rip his nipples off!

Sally said...

About two thirds of your list make me feel young again, the rest remind me I am not. (Where's my Cat Stevens tape got to ?)

Sage said...

"only one Abba...album" - I'm pointing and laughing!! I'm sure you've seen the movie, Muriel's Wedding. If not, rent it and enjoy.

Other than Abba, it sounds like it could be my list too - that is if I had iTunes or even, really, knew what it was. I'm happy I can turn on my computer and find the talk button on our new phone.

Agent Fang said...

Zombie is my last song too!