Sunday, May 14, 2006

The Butterfly Effect

I finished Tinker’s mobile. There are thirty butterflies, two different sizes. The butterflies were already cut out in plywood. I have no idea what I originally bought them or the bamboo hoops for, but I know the two projects were not connected.

I asked [...] whether he thought Tinker would appreciate any of the things I have made for him or her or whether he or she will even know that I exist. [...] says that Tinker will develop profound lepidopterophobia and require extensive psychotherapy, during which he or she will have lengthy and in-depth conversations about his or her Auntie Goldfish. So he or she will definitely know I exist.

If you have been affected by any of the issues raised in this blog entry you may want to check out I Hate Butterflies, where you can even purchase t-shirts stating that Moths Suck. Amazing.

4 comments:

pete said...

I have a dread fear of flying thingies, especially Moths and Butterflies. But I do not find the photo of your lovely handcrafted mobile anxiety provoking in the least!
I totally agree with A.J. You will be the last person that Tinker forgets!

Anonymous said...

Well, I think that Tinker will grow up to be a famous entomologist, and probably discover a new species, which he or she will name after his Aunt. So there!

Sally said...

Beautiful, colourful, complex butterflies; Tinker will surely grow up benefitting from a well exercised brain with many neural pathways, from the time he spent gazing in awe at your mobile.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I better not show my little nibling (nephew/neice) this photo or s/he will be most jealous!

Speak to you when you're down here.