There are some advantages:
- Sleep isn't subjective; when one is unconscious, one doesn't spend too much time worrying about what might be achieved if one made a little more effort.
- The body is far more comfortable when asleep and rather more comfortable having been asleep for most of the day.
- Being unable to resist sleep is far better than being unable to sleep when one needs to.
- The nightmares are getting easier to manage.
- I'm not missing the laptop as much as I would otherwise.
- Time is passing at a tremendous speed; my days are literally half the length of those for folks who only need eight hours sleep in any twenty-four period.
- It isn't following a strong pattern which allows me to know how long I'm going to stay awake for in between times. This is playing hell with my powers of organisation.
- For some reason, I am feeling incredibly hungry. The effort of eating tends to send me off to sleep again. Thus my appetite and food intake has increased at a time when I am (presumably) burning off even less than usual.
Apologies to all those to whom I owe e-mail; I'll get to it but now I need to go sleep again.