- Click on the Next Blog button at the top of this page: it only leads to right wing Americans claiming to be Christians whilst listing all those texts and persons who ought to be burnt.
- Read the news. About once or twice a week I read something which interests or amuses me. The rest of the time it is human tradegy or else old men bickering over words and numbers.
- Listen to flippant rock music. If it makes me cry, I feel humiliated since the lyrics are banal. If I cried whilst reading Christina Rossetti or Emily Dickinson, my tears would be dignified.
- Check my e-mail. My hopes are raised when I begin to download some messages only to see that they are from eBay telling me that I have been outbid on something I can't afford to pay more for.
- Watch any of the Lord of the Rings films. Tolkein presented a surprisingly depressing view of the world if you think about it too hard.
- Read Lord of the Rings. I am at page 832. I was at 822 a year ago. I'm not getting anywhere fast with that one.
- Drink lemonade. I thought the fizziness and sugar would cheer me up but instead it's given me gas.
Saturday, April 16, 2005
Note to self
Things I should not do when I'm miserable;
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment