------------ ---------- Diary of a Goldfish: Paint Dries, Grass Grows etc.

Diary of a Goldfish

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Paint Dries, Grass Grows etc.

Today has been almost as uneventful as the last two days, but hey, this is a blog and the lack of anything to write about is no obstacle to writing about it. I performed a really ace checkmate but [...] said I only won because he slipped up. Well, duh.

This evening a Market Research lady came to the door. It is the first one we've had here, but this is probably because last week we set up the doorbell - for the last three years, folks have had to knock on the door and we didn't always hear it. I don't think we missed anything.

Anyway, she says: "I'm from Such-and-such Market Research and we're talking to the ladies in the area. We're talking to the ladies; it will only take up ten minutes of your time. We want to ask the ladies a few questions about toilet cleaner."

Seriously. It sounds like a joke, but this is exactly what she said. Toilet cleaner. Ten Minutes? I can't think of questions about toilet cleaner that would take up two minutes, let alone ten. I was really very curious and I always feel so sorry for people who have to phone you up or knock on your door for a living. But to be honest she had said "ladies" and for this I turned her away. It's very silly, I know. In all the households I know consisting of one or more women it is always the women who purchase and administer the toilet cleaner. But me, I can't stand such truths.

So I told her, "Sorry, I use a man for that sort of thing." and closed the door.

Later I realised that we don't use toilet cleaner, we just use bleach. Why? I don't know, that's what [...] buys and that's what [...] uses and I presume he has some reason. I also presume there's a reason why he choses pine over citrus. Even so, there is never ten minutes worth of conversation to be had there. Not nearly.


Comments on "Paint Dries, Grass Grows etc."


Anonymous kezzykat said ... (9:27 PM) : 

hey Goldfish!

I almost choked when I read the 'have a man for that" comment. Could just imagine you dangling AJ over the toilet and using HIM to scour it!!!!! I have a sad little sicko mind :)

VERy true though, far too long to think, never mind answer uestions on toilet cleaners!




post a comment